Halloween Horror Marathon: Part 1 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Next Generation (1995)

Don't ask me why I decided to pick this movie as the first one in the Halloween Horror Marathon. Probably because it was the first movie I saw on Quickflix (Netflix for you Americans)

I could easily just call this a bad movie, but it does try to do something. I'm not sure what it's trying to do, but I think there was supposed to be a message somewhere at the end. Maybe. It's hard to tell when you have a young Matthew McConaughey eating every ounce of scenery within distance.

On top of that we have one of the wimpiest versions of Leather face I've ever seen and a great assortment of teens that just scream dead meat.

One thing I will give this movie is that the character of Jenny (as played by Ms Bridget Jones herself) is actually a female character that actually grows and manages to become strong lead. Now i'm not saying she's any good in the role, but it's nice to see.

If you really want a complete Texas Chainsaw viewing experience then i'm not really going to be able to stop you. However if you want insanity in your daily chainsawing activities then maybe watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. It at least as a chainsaw battle.

Comments

Popular Posts