Review: Movie 43

Review by Disgruntled Monkey

Directors: Elizabeth Banks, Steven Brill, Steve Carr, Rusty Cundieff, James Duffy, Griffin Dunne, Peter Farrelly, Patrik Forsberg, Will Graham, James Gunn, Brett Ratner & Jonathan van Tulleken
Starring: Dennis Quaid, Hugh Jackman, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts, Chris Pratt & Kristen Bell
Writers: Too many god damn writers so click this link and make my life easier.

It's been nearly a week since I watched Movie 43 and i'm still not sure what I watched. It's a movie if only in running length. Honestly all it need was a host and it could have been a cruder episode of SNL. Oh and a bad one at that.

Now comedy is very subjective, as such I can see this movie having an audience that may like it. But I feel that at best it's going to be a very hit and miss affair as other than being crude, their is really nothing tying it all together style wise. I say style wise cause their is a story that attempts to tie everything together, but even the movie gives up on it at the end.

Still while I feel that this is a turd of a movie I did actually find a few sketches that just hit me right. The first is Superhero Speed Dating, which I liked probably because of the Superhero element. The second was the short Beezel, which was written and directed by James Gunn. Being a massive fan of his work I personally thought this was the strongest sketch out of the entire movie. But what pissed me off was this short was chucked at the end of the credits as a bonus. Yep only Movie 43 could put the best bit after the credits are done.

While the movie is far from the worst thing I've ever seen, there is just this incredible sense of wasted talent. Good actors, directors and writers coming together to make an absolute nothing film. There is also a bit of money in this movie that also seems like a god damn waste. I get why this movie got panned by critics.

Category
Rating
Reason
Entertainment
0.5 turds out of 1
People might find a sketch that they like but I doubt if the whole movie will be a plus.
Script
0.5 turds out of 1
Some writing hits. Some.
Acting
0.5 turds out of 1
Good actors make more out of this crap than you would think.
Directing
0 turds out of 1
Despite some good directing, the movie just doesn't even like it belongs together.
Technical
0.5 turds out of 1
Money was spent on this movie. It sometimes looks good. But it just seems like a waste.



Overall
2 turds out of 5
Better than some movie, but good god does it seem like a waste of time overall. Watch Beezel and discard the rest.

Comments

Popular Posts