Trailer Trawl Vol 5

Wasn't it just a week ago that I was saying that things were kind of slow on the trailer front. Well knock me down with a feather and call me Shirley, some awesome trailers (well awesome in my opinion) have reared their heads including another Pacific Rim trailer that has made me giddy with excitement. GIDDY I SAY. 2013 is certainely turning into a year of high expectations. I try hard not to get on the hype train, I try and condition myself but it's all proving to be too hard at the moment. But enough about me, on to the trailers.

Riddick:

I'm a huge fan of Pitch Black and think that it's a tad underrated all thanks to the backlash of Riddick. You see he was a cool character, people loved him, then the sequel happened and people started hating on the poor killer. It didn't help that Diesel tried changing Riddick so he was a nicer killer which kind of missed the point of what people liked in the first film. I liked the sequel but thought it tried doing too much and that's why i'm happy to see this movie going back to basics. Also nice to see Katee Sackhoff in one of the roles.



Pacific Rim:

Marketing train is really starting to pick up steam with this movie and I can't help but feel that Pacific Rim has a tremendous amount of weight on it's shoulders. To me this is Del Toro's big chance to bring in the Blockbuster Movie dollars and hopefully if it's a success then he can look to other shores of the Lovecraft variety. As for this trailer, it really puts the robot action front and center. Today we are cancelling the apocalypse!



V/H/S/2

The first film was great but suffered from the asshole problem. Too many people acting like assholes makes a Disgruntled Monkey not care about them and wish for their death. I've heard that this is one of the big improvements as well as other niggly little problems being fixed. I was hoping for this series to become an anthology allowing other directors to come in and tell smaller horror stories. Looks like one of my wishes has been granted.


Comments

Popular Posts