Review: Hallowed Ground (2007)


“Evil Unearthed”

Director: David Benullo
Starring: Jaimie Alexander, Brian McNamara and Ethan Phillips
Writer: David Benullo

Where to start with tis bundle of fun. I came to it because I haven’t watched a horror movie based around Scarecrows before. This popped up on pay television and I thought why the heck not. Looking back on a lot of movies that have left a bad taste in my mouth, it all tends to come down to that one idea. Why the heck not?

First off it’s a waste of an hour and a half of my life. This movie starts off with the promise of being cheesy but it really just rushes through what it’s got to get to the ‘scares’. The characters are pretty one dimensional, twists can be seen from far off, and any potential scares are destroyed by the stupidity of it all.

I can see this being a quick review as there isn’t much to continue with. Except that filming in a corn field is visually boring. Sure I guess it’s a cheap way of getting around spending money, but you get what you pay for. So at the end of it all I would say skip and try and find another scarecrow movie worth your time.

Comments

Popular Posts