Quick Movie Reviews: Vol 1

Sometimes I don't feel like doing full blown reviews, of course this means that my reviews can be few and far between so to alleviate that i'm now introducing Quick Reviews. TADA. So if I can get you (yes you) to calm down for a minute i'll get into the very first volume. I know i'm excited too.

Robin Hood (2010)
"In the name of King John, pay or burn."

I was excited but now i'm dead bored. Honestly I watched this and was just astounded at how important it tried to make itself and yet at the same time so boring. You can be a dead serious epic movie if you want but for the love of all that is Cthulu please have something happen. Also am I the only one who is sick and tired of Russell Crowe playing Russell Crowe.




House on Haunted Hill (1959)
"Don't stay up thinking of ways to get rid of me, it makes wrinkles."

This is cheese central and I think has only really become a classic thanks to Vincent Price. That said I love this movie. I'm hooked on every word Mr Price says and from the riduclous floating head intro to Watson Pritchards final warning to both characters and viewers it's fun times. Make sure to have many friends with for maximum effectiveness.




Suspiria (1977)
"Bad luck isn't brought by broken mirrors, but by broken minds."

WTF? That's pretty much the response of myself and those around me. I was really looking forward to seeing this movie as I heard a lot of positive feed back. Yet I couldn't help feel dissapointed as the closing credits started. Now seperating the scenes out there are some really interesting choices in lighting and camera angles. Some scenes are creepy as hell, but it's as if the parts are better than the whole. Still I can see why people like the movie just not my thing.


The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
"You could have dinner with us... my brother makes good head cheese! You like head cheese?"

Loved this film.

What you need more?

I saw the sequel before this and really appreciated this more because of it. It's rough around the edges but there is a charm to this movie and that's what has kept it a classic.

Comments

Popular Posts